Friday 1 June 2007

Low Sec Boredom

I haven’t had much chance to play lately, when I have its been back in empire. Don’t worry I’m not sat in Jita. I’m trying to get a big skill out of the way so I’ve moved back to empire so I can use the implants in my jump clone for a week or so. This has left me unsure as to what to do. My standing with agents isn’t very good, as I’ve never been much of a mission runner so I can’t make money that way. I don’t have the patients to run the trade routes, and I don’t have the time to make things, I’m only back for a week!

That left me with one option, PvP.

I’ve sold a load of alloy I had stacked in 0.0 to fund my little endeavour and have set myself up in a system close to the fringes of empire space. My chosen location is only 2 jumps from a well known gate camping position so people to shoot at are in plentiful supply.

I’ve never been a pirate, and don’t intent to be. The only people I’ve shot at have shot me first (or at least locked on). All apart from one, and this guy was just plain stupid.

I was already in a fight with a Kestrel in a belt, he’d been ratting prior to me entering and quickly warped away and docked. Moments later he re appeared in another belt I was in and locked me, tried to scramble me and his web turned on. He wanted a fight.

Seeing an opportunity I bookmarked a wreck 22 km from him and warped out of the system to the first planet in my overview.

Seconds later I descended back into normal space and a red blinking box announced the location of an unfriendly ship 3000km from me. I was fairly sure that the ship I had been fighting couldn’t have beaten me here so locked and checked the pilots info.

He was from an alliance that was at open (although not declared) war with my own and had been part of a several raids that I could remember just from the last few weeks.

What made this a bit harsh is the fact he was flying a shuttle, unarmed, sat next to a planet.

Missiles jumped from my ship and ripped his shields and armour away in one volley. His hull came next as he tried to warp away and soon only his pod was left, floating in a cloud of dust and twisted metal.

As the kill mail appeared I turned my attention to my previous “client” and warped back to the bookmark I had just left moments earlier. The kestrel was still sat their, in the same spot, 22 km away.

I locked on and began firing, he did the same.

Orbiting at 25km my ship kept out of range of his web and sensor damps. Slowly it became obvious that my missiles were doing much more damage than his and I saw his ship begin to turn away, possibly going for warp.

Seizing the chance I changed course and headed right for him, exchanging volleys until the last moment I had his warp scrambled. I turned of my launchers and opened the local chat window.

“Good fight” I said,

“u going to ransom” came the reply.

At this point the idea seemed fairly tempting 2-3 million would be a nice take to replenish my missile bays. I didn’t want a ransom however, so I pointed my ship towards the station and left him alone with a ship that was trailing smoke and body parts, quite content of the good fair fight that I had won. Besides, I had to repent for killing a shuttle…..

I’ve somehow managed not to loose a ship yet, which is bizarre considering I really don’t care about them. Their not hard to replace, and cost chump change, I’ve even been looking for fight. But I guess unless they outnumber you 4-1 no-one want s to fight any more.

What did ever happen to honour amongst soldiers?

No comments: