Monday 4 June 2007

Low Sec Stupidity

Just a few hours after posting the previous post I had an accident. Out of pure stupidity I got my nice shiny ship all blown up.

I was wondering back into empire space to put my ship to sleep for the night when I saw a kestrel sitting next to a gate all alone and with no pilot. Thinking that it was a bit weird I slowed to a stop and clicked the “Info” button, mistake.

Seconds later my shields began taking a pounding as two (yes two) ships de cloaked and shot me. Since I was in jump range I went through.

Safe on the other side I sat cloaked for a moment to see if they would follow, they did, I locked them both and started firing, only due to the late hour and several beers I had consumed I had (somehow) managed to lock the star gate. Concord didn’t seem to like this so they blew my ship apart in several well aimed volleys.

I can only imagine the look on my pursuers face when they lost the kill, but gained the loot (all T1, nothing to shout about).

Luckily the whole set up cost me less than 5 mil, I’m not that cut up about the loss, just the massive hole in my ego.

On other news, this weekend has been a busy little time for our alliance. The short story is that some people came spoiling for a fight, and we showed them the door, and got them to replace equipment lost during the fighting. Bless.

I may elaborate on this more during the week, depends what mood I’m in.

The plan for this week is to get back to empire and get some more of this skill finished. I may even see if I can organise some of the empire based alliance members into a low sec gang for a few hours, I’de love to get some FC experience, and I’m not sure 0.0 is the right place to start given the current climate, and the inability of my computer to handle more than 50 ships in the same grid.

Fly safe, see you on the beach…

No comments: