Wednesday 27 June 2007

One ship down, Hundreds to go.

I’m back to eve now after a short break in order to go to a very muddy music festival in the south of England. First day back I spent over 12 hours ratting, with hanger full of alloys I couldn’t decide what to do with it. I had three choices, sell it for 75% of empire value, refine it and sell it myself, or refine it and make stuff to sell. I went for the thirst option and I’m now the proud owner of over 1000 E-War drones of various sizes.

I’m hoping the demand for these if high, as no-one else seems to be selling them within 20 jumps. If they don’t I can always use them myself I guess…

Whilst I was waiting them to build I decided on to go for a roam. The first place I set as my destination was a collection of systems that are regularly frequented by macro’s in very full haulers. Unfortunately it must be a Chinese holiday as no-one was around so I headed on over to space belonging to Stella Polar, an alliance that for some reason or other are set to red with us, so shoot on sight.

Three jumps from their home system the map showed five pilots active in space, considering I was in a frigate I wasn’t overly confident about my chances but carried on regardless.

Jumping into the system I hit the scan button, nothing showed. Moving to the other star gate I scanned again, and got a command ship and a raven, with no POS on scan. I managed to scan them down to one of two belts and warped in, just in time to see then run away from me. Not sure why, I was in a frigate and unless ravens have received a serious nerf he should have been able to tank my damage.

Oh well, no fight so I headed home.

Three jumps from my home base I saw a shuttle slow boating it towards a gate, I followed and got a lock. Only to see it jump. Following the thought dawned on me that it could be bait for a gate camp on the other side. Unfortunately I was already going through.

An ship was sat on the other side and had me locked b4 I had seen him. Hitting all the buttons on my HUD I waited for the ransom demand, none came. Awesome, a good old fashioned fight. We had each other scrambled and webbed so neither was getting out until it was over. Unfortunately my NOS and two rocket launchers didn’t hold out against his 200mm cannons for very long and although I got him well into armour I died a valiant death trying to protect my little ship.

Luckily my pod escaped, as my clone was set back to empire, I’ve changed that now.

Back to the grind stone, going to buy myself some more BP’s and carry on building up the collection, only have 200 so far.

No comments: