Thursday 26 April 2007

No place like Home

I found myself ratting last night, nothing out of the ordinary, pushing the F keys, and waiting till your cargo hold gets full of reasonably expensive things. Ring a bell?

Its exactly the same as mining, only with the added bonus that if some pirate does come into local and try to ruin your paintwork, then you have at least a chance of fighting back, due to the vast array of weapons sitting on your hull.

This however doesn’t seem to deter many people (myself and my corp. included) from running at the first sigh of an intruder in our little community. Usually running from a fight is one of the last things that I would consider doing. Especially when I’m strapped into a ship full of weapons, drones, and a passive tank that would make Kim Jong II moist.

Despite the fact that I know my weapons can deal some vicious damage, and that my shields can soak up damage that would flatten a small city I still tuck tail and run at the first sign of aggravation.

Last night, while I was sat popping rats, it dawned on me why this happens.

It’s the same reason why I continue to eat at McDonalds and KFC, even though every fibre of my slowly degenerating body knows that it bad for me, because I’ve been told for so long that I’m wrong, that I’ve started to believe others over my own sense of logic and reasoning.

Since the first day I logged onto the Eve-Online forums and started whoring them, I’ve hardly read a post that wasn’t put their by a pirate, or privateer if you prefer claiming that unless you follow their way of setting up a ship your doomed to a life floating round in a 3 Meter egg wondering where it all went wrong.

I’m going to prove this wrong, with my passive tank, heavy missiles, no scrambler and no Nos I’, going to stand up against all those pirates that have previously had free reign through our little system and say NO, we will not be moved-This is my home, YOU SHALL NOT PASS.

I’ll let you know how it goes….

No comments: